EMES International Research Network (EMES)
Science and Communication Manager (4/5)
Personne de contact :
Postuler jusqu'au :
EMES is the leading stable research network dedicated to social enterprise research from a multidisciplinary perspective. Initially focused on the European context, the network opened up in 2013 to international membership and currently has individual members in more than 35 countries. The majority of institutional members, however, are based in Europe. Since 2004, EMES has had a Coordination Unit that supports the network and its members in five main areas of activity: 1) developing research proposals and implementing research projects; 2) organizing flagship events (international conferences, PhD summer schools, and international seminars); 3) publishing the results of its activities; 4) developing training and education actions and programmes; 5) communicating about and promoting the activities of the network and its members; 6) ensuring the network’s presence in policy and practice fora; 7) engaging members and partners and governing
the network in a participative and transparent manner. For the first time after 20 years of groundbreaking work around social enterprise, thanks to the support of the Bernheim Foundation, EMES has the ability to hire a Science and Communication Manager, for one year (with an option to be extended). S/he will work closely with EMES’ president (based in Louvain-la-Neuve), treasurer (based in Frankfurt) and director (based in Madrid).
The EMES Science and Communication Manager will:
• assist with the implementation of research projects, specifically the COST Action 16206 EMPOWER-SE;
– assist in planning and organizing major EMES events, such as the EMES International
Research Conference on Social Enterprise, the EMES PhD Summer School, or the EMESPolanyi International Summer School;
– lead the implementation of EMES’ communication and engagement plan, particularly with regards to members and new funders;
– ensure the presence of EMES on the Internet and the main social media;
– work alongside the director and EMES Board’s president to contribute to the sustainability of EMES and of its community of researchers as a whole.
– An advanced university degree (e.g., MA, MS) in a field connected to social enterprise, social economy, third sector, and have +3 years of experience.
– Project management skills in all phases of research (conception, implementation and
– Ability to write reports including project, annual activity and event reports, as well as policy analysis reports.
– Familiarity with the history, mission and strategy of EMES and be able to communicate
effectively about them.
– Ability to communicate perfectly in English and have a good command of French. Command of other languages is a plus.
– A strong interest in communication of science and in contributing to the consolidation of a growing community of researchers.
– Ability to transform strategic decisions into concrete actions.
– Knowledge of the main social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and knowledge of the
Wordpress ennvironment. Knowledge of membership management systems and CRM
(YourMembership) is a plus.
– Availability for traveling (one travel per month outside Belgium) and participating in Brusselsbased meetings and events on behalf of the president and the director as needed.
– Great communication skills, both oral and written.
– Proactivity with regard to her/his own work but also to the partners and members of EMES.
– Curiosity for and interest in the latest academic developments around social enterprise and related concepts, including current trends and future developments, policy and practice implications, etc.
– Capacity to work (very often virtually) within a team of researchers and to integrate research findings into dissemination pieces.
– Flexible mind-set and multitasking capacities.
– High diplomatic skills.
Salary: To be determined according to the candidate’s profile.
Place of work: Belgium.
Starting date: February 10th, 2020.
Duration: 1 year (with an option to be extended).
Application submission: Candidates must send their application (letter of interest and CV) by January 17th, 20120 via email to Rocío Nogales (firstname.lastname@example.org).